General Rules of the Ploughing
GENERAL RULES OF THE PLOUGHING
- That all meetings and ploughing matches of the Association shall be held in the Parishes mentioned on Page 17 of the programme and not elsewhere.
- That the object of this Association shall be the encouragement of good ploughing, and such purpose as may be determined by the Committee.
- That the Ploughing Match shall take place in the Autumn of each year, and that Prizes shall be awarded to the ploughmen at the Ploughing Match.
- That there be an entrance fee of £11.00 for every Ploughman entering the Competition.
- Two or more competent judges to be appointed by the Committee to award the prizes for Ploughing.
- Those members who intend to send competitors must send notice to the Secretary, stating which class they will plough in, with the names of the competitors on the form to be detached here from, on or before, Monday 24th August 2015, on which date all entries will be closed.
- All plough competitors shall start at 9.30 am. Ploughs to be on the ground at 9.00 am.
- The draw for plots will be made prior to the Ploughing Match by the Chairman and Vice Chairman.
Rules and marking for the individual Ploughing Classes will be as per the Sussex Ploughing Championship Classes, which are available from the Secretary on request and will be distributed to the Competitors prior to the Ploughing Match. Winners may be invited to represent the Laughton & District Agricultural Society at the Sussex Ploughing Championship.